Clinical Team Leader
Remote Working Role with associated travel
Main Purpose of the job:
To lead a team of field-based Rehabilitation Case Managers (Occupational Therapists), providing day to day management and support to ensure the highest standards of Case Management is delivered as well as commercial outcomes are achieved. The role may include carrying a small caseload. The role is a key member of the Executive Management Team, expected to contribute to the performance, growth, quality and excellence of our services to our clients and customers.
· Be the clinical lead with team of field-based Rehabilitation Case Managers including mentoring, support and reviewing of reports
· Provide review and input of field-based Rehabilitation Case Managers to meet the core competencies of their role (role specific skills, resource management, professional integrity & quality & commercial awareness)
· Clinical support of agreed case managers to include awareness of case managers capacity to inform capacity in geographical area covered. Case management skill mix to inform recruitment and company training planning.
· Daily support and assistance on client cases to ensure good value & clinically determining are fundamental clients rehabilitation journey
· Reviewing and feedback of reports and updates submitted by agreed Case managers
· Feedback to agreed case managers on MI data such as predicted hours targets, quality of clinical reasoning to improve documentation, database use and hours, overall progress with the business of UPL, guide CPD relevant to case management development
· When appropriate attend MDT sessions with Case Manager
· To work with the Executive Management Team to ensure our existing services and protocols remain current and meet the needs of our customers and develop new services and protocols as necessary.
· Continue to develop Clinical practices and policies for Unite Professionals to ensure compliance with contracts and future books of business.
· Carry a small caseload of clients
· Where appropriate, to support Unite Professional and registered to audit & review the performance of case managers with CQC.
Case Managers Development
· Provide effective leadership to all relevant personnel whether staff or associates (internal or external) within all areas of responsibility
· Ensure that all Case Managers training needs are identified and appropriate training and development activities are delivered, within all areas of responsibility
· Comply with Unite Professionals policies and procedures, ensuring good practice is applied within areas of responsibility
· Ensure the effective workflow of all relevant personnel involved in delivery of Unite Professionals Case Management
· To deliver the agreed service level agreement to each customer within their identified timeline
· Disseminates policy statements and other literature to team of field-based Rehabilitation Case Managers
· Key member of Executive Management team to assist with the ongoing development, implementation and review operational policies and procedures as identified as being required
· To work with current customers to service their needs and enter into new customers expanding Unite Professionals customer base
· Ensuring each customer has service level agreement in place and monitoring of these.
· Networking with customers, conducting presentations of our range of services and negotiation.
· To coordinate feedback from insurer’s/solicitors on UPL’s case management service and present on a yearly basis to team and associates
· Be responsible for management of customer relationships related to rehabilitation activities
· To work with Executive Management Team to meet financial targets to aid the business to grow and become successful
· Compiling and analysing the Team and individual Case Managers chargeable activities against monthly forecasts
· In conjunction with the Executive Management Team, be responsible for identifying and supporting income opportunities across all areas of budget responsibility
· Seek, develop and nurture positive working relationships across all sectors to support the rehab services
· Effective and regular communication to the internal team of rehab coordinators administration and medical records resources
· To keep case managers CV’s updated and relevant to the needs of our service users
· Build alliances and partnerships with other relevant/related organisations
· Contribute to the effective flow of information within the organisation.
· Work on specific allocated projects within the mission & values of Unite Professionals
· Attend and actively participate in monthly support and supervision sessions with the Line Manager
· Attend and actively participate in yearly appraisals
· To ensure Unite Professionals MI system and other administration process are up to date with relevant information
· Other duties from time to time to support the core business of Unite Professionals
· Occasional attendance at Unite Professionals offices
Key Measures & Targets
· Bi-yearly clinical auditing and support of case manager against core competencies
· Supervisors monthly, quarterly and annual chargeable targets
· Team of Case Managers monthly, quarterly and annual chargeable targets
· Quality, aligned to CMSUK standards and best practice guidelines
· Meeting and promote Unite Professionals core values
Reference ID: UPL008CTL
Application deadline: 26/07/2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40,000.00 /year
- Bonus Scheme
- Company Pension
- Flexible Schedule
- Wellness Programmes
- Work From Home
- Case Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Registered HCPC: 7 years (Preferred)
Please apply with CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Join our team of Case Managers – find out what you are worth
Are you a qualified OT, with at least six years post-qualification experience?
Are you looking for a new challenge, flexible hours and generous remuneration package?
Can you work creatively to find solutions for your clients and clearly explain and present assessment findings and recommendations?
About the role
Case Management is extremely diverse and a rewarding career path. All our Case Managers are dedicated to providing a client centred and flexible service across all areas of the UK, to those who have suffered catastrophic and life changing injuries.
Amongst other responsibilities it involves:-
Working with the client, their families and support workers to produce proposals and recommendations for intervention in an Immediate Needs Assessment Report for instructing parties in order to progress a structured and timely client rehabilitation plan.
To liaise with a dedicated Rehabilitation Coordinator effectively in order that they can input accurate and appropriate costs for services and treatments recommended in your reports and progress agreement for funding.
To research, identify and engage relevant specialists/services and monitor progress to ensure the quality and effectiveness of those plans.
To actively participate in and maintain continuous professional development as required by your role and clinical presentation of clients.
Join our team
To see how you can fit into Unite Professionals expanding team of case managers, contact, Robin Pickard, Head of Operations on 01704 508777; or email direct on firstname.lastname@example.org along with an up to date copy of your CV.
We provide a full induction and support programme along with an ongoing programme of training to maintain continuous professional development.
There is also regular Clinical Supervision provided by, Jo Evans and Rachel Culyer our Clinical Operations Managers. Salaried Positions or Self-employed Consultant positions available with the flexibility of working from home in your own region.